Following the vote at the AGM to move to Swinton FC, a small minority of members are seeking to overturn that decision by questioning the committee's efforts in negotiating with SMCC. We wish to assure you that we have been seeking to act in the best interests of SRC to ensure a secure and viable future. We are of the view that a majority of those who voted, voted to retain existing fee levels and accepted that that would require a move to SFC.
There has been a request for us to meet again with SMCC and then hold an Extraordinary General Meeting; however the request does not state a clear purpose to hold an EGM, nor does it have the requisite signatures as required by the club constitution.
We informed SMCC on Monday that, given the vote at the AGM, we are not prepared to negotiate further and have given them seven days to put any further offer in writing if they so wish.
Some members have expressed concern about the conditions at SFC, in an attempt to allay those concerns members are welcome to visit the club on Saturday before 1 pm. We have received assurances from them with regards to the showers, in that they are the top of their list and would hope to start the work in the summer; they are in the process of securing funding and already have some of the materials. They have arranged for a local college to assist them in the refurbishment.
Any member of the committee will be happy to answer any queries or concerns that members may have about the move to SFC.
On behalf of the committee